- Unplug your diffuser and pour out any residual water and oil that may still be in the tank.
- Examine the lid or top to your diffuser and remove any pieces or components that you are able to so you can thoroughly clean all the washable parts. Never submerge any pieces that contain electrical components.
- Combine warm water and several drops of castile soap or a gentle dish soap in a bowl. Using your cloth, clean and wipe the entire top and pieces. You can use a Q-tip or a soft brush to get at those tricky little nooks and crannies. Rinse, dry and set aside these pieces.
- If your diffuser has a buildup issue, use a cloth saturated in rubbing alcohol and gently rub the interior of the tank. Use a Q-tip or small brush to gently clean the ultrasonic chip or plate.
- You can also use several drops of lemon essential oil on your cloth to remove stubborn buildup. Lemon essential oil is great for removing sticky bits and residue.
- Wipe down the tank with a clean cloth one last time, put it back together and diffuse to your hearts content.