Aromatherapy is popular these days. Inhalation is the most common way that people reap the benefits of essential oils. Essential oil diffuser is used to disperse the small molecules in the essential oil through the air so that they may enter the body.
Here we will discuss how to clean your oil diffuser step by step.
Why should we clean our essential oil diffuser ?
Over time, particles and debris build up in the diffuser, clogging up the mist vent and preventing your oil diffuser from working properly. This can cause an overload, as the diffuser works overtime to spray mist. In the same time,these particles and debris are scented with the past essential oils you’ve used, tainting your aromatherapy with different scents.
How often should we clean our essential oil diffuser ?
If you use your diffuser often and use the same essential oils, you should clean your diffuser once every three days or so. This will ensure you get the purest form of your current essential oil and will also help keep particles out of the machine.
If you are going to diffuse different essential oils when you refill with water,you should clean your essential oil diffuser after each use.With this way, you will get the specific aromas from the essential oils you are going to use with no residue from the last essential oils you used.
How to deep-clean your ultrasonic oil diffuser ?
- Turn off your oil diffuser.
- Fill the water reservoir halfway to the line with clean water.
- Add in 1/2 teaspoon pure white vinegar to the water reservoir.
- Turn your diffuser on and let run for 5-10 minutes, allowing the vinegar to disperse throughout.
- Turn off oil diffuser, drain the water reservoir completely.
- Dip a cotton swab in white vinegar and wipe down the edges of the water reservoir as well as the ultrasonic mist chip.
- Rinse the water reservoir with clean water.
- Wipe the reservoir with a dry cloth and let air dry before using it again.
Notes for Diffuser Cleaning
This cleaning method is for diffuser that operate with water, not atomizing diffuser.
Here is one of the oil diffuser I am using for aromatherapy. You can click the picture to check details.
For Essential oils that used for oil diffuser,you can read the following posts.